Martha Veletta Morgan
The woman sitting, center row, right, is Julia Elizabeth Ross Radford Spracher. She was a daughter of Melvin Ross who was
named after Melvin's first wife Julia Elizabeth Smith Ross and she married John William Radford, who was a grandson of Thomas
Morgan. And the woman sitting, front row, right side, is Julia Elizabeth's daughter Sadie Geneva Radford Durrant.
The woman standing fourth from left in the back row (behind Sarah West Morgan) is Annie Andersen Moore (1861-1939), wife of
John Thomas Moore. John Thomas Moore was a brother to Willard Cook Moore. So Annie Lydia Morgan Moore and Annie Anderson Moore
were married to Moore brothers. The Thomas and Edward Morgan families were close to the Moore families. Willard Cook Moore
filled out the death certificate for Thomas Morgan and all these families are buried close to each other in the Shelton Cemetery.
They really were a close knit family and community.
Annie Andersen Moore
There are three unidentified woman in this picture. We are most curious to know who they are and why they are in this picture.
Note that this picture was taken the same day as the Edward and Sarah West Morgan family picture on the previous page. This
was clearly a family occasion. The first picture was taken of just Edward, Sarah and their three daughters. Seven more women
were included in this picture, one of whom (Martha Veletta) was Edward's half sister and another (Julia Elizabeth) was married
to Edward's nephew. Others might have been family as well.
Willard and Annie Morgan Moore
Click on the link above to see a portrait of Edward and Sarah West's daughter Ann Lydia (Annie) Morgan Moore (Third from Left,
Back Row, in the picture above), a portrait of her husband Willard Cook Moore, who lived seven years in the Edward Morgan
household at Leamington, Utah before he married Annie Lydia, and a life sketch for the Willard and Annie Morgan Moore family.
The children of Edward and Sarah West Morgan are listed below in order of age
(1) Ann Lydia (Annie) Morgan Moore, born 1 October 1864 in Goshen (Spanish Fork), Utah. Married Willard Cook Moore 12 Nov
1879. Annie died January 6, 1943. Willard was born Nov 16, 1859 and he died April 16, 1946. Both are buried in the Shelton,
(2) Hannah Elizabeth (Lizzie) Morgan Hadden, born 4 October 1866 in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Married John Russell Hadden in 1883.
Died in childbirth in Star Valley, Wyoming, 27 May 1888, buried on the bank of a swale somewhere in Star Valley.
Hannah Elizabeth Morgan Hadden
(3) Edward Thomas Morgan, born 1 December, 1869 in Oak City, Millard, Utah. Married Merab Violet Richardson in 1893. Died
12 July, 1952.
Edward Thomas Morgan
(4) Sarah Priscilla (Prissy) Morgan Ryset. Born 3, August, 1872 in Oak City, Millard, Utah. Married Francis Daniel Ryset
8, August, 1888. Died 3, March, 1954. Buried in the Shelton, Idaho cemetery.
Frank and Priscilla Ryset
(5) William Henry Morgan, born 8 January, 1875 in Leamington, Millard, Utah. Died of Diptheria 21 December, 1882 in Neeley,
(6) Joseph John Morgan, born 29 April, 1877 in Leamington, Millard, Utah. Died of Diptheria in Neeley, Idaho, 22 December,
(7) Mary Emma Morgan Brown, born in Leamington, Millard, Utah 30 November, 1879. Married Franklin (Frank) L. Brown 27 January,
1898. Died 20 October, 1964. Frank was born Dec 1, 1873 and died October 30, 1966. Both are buried in the Shelton, Idaho cemetery.
Mary Emma Morgan
(8) Robert Morgan, born 24 August, 1883 at Neeley, Idaho. Married Delores Ross 12 February, 1902. Died 22 September, 1939.
Delores Ross, born 23 March 1887, was a daughter of Melvin and Mary Ellen Haddon Ross. Delores also married Norval Grant.
And Delores also married Wiiliam Warden Swain.
(9) Elenor Morgan, born 24 February, 1885 at Neeley, Idaho. Died 28 February, 1885.